Friday, May 09, 2008
Focusing on my Breathing
I have been focusing on my breathing to carry on through the day...

To say it has been a bad day is the understatement of the year.

I have been working straight through on a database project for school.

20+ hours of frustrating Oracle code and tedious data entry.

My involvement in this project has caused every member of my family to suffer in some way due to my unavailability.

I can't help with homework, clean, put Piney to bed, join in family activities, make meals, listen to concerns, or let M sleep....

the general irritability this has caused in my family has contributed to my growing stress...

So, last night I was about half-way done with the project that is due Monday...

when my data overload caused my computer to crash...

Now it takes 30min. for the computer to load and nothing works- no Internet, no email, nothing. Everything just freezes and shuts down.

I tried system restore several times with different dates and the computer was unable to process the request.

On top of that...

little annoying things have been going on- like no parking spots at the store, my other blog which I spent several hours on no longer works, Piney is extra clingy and whiny for no reason, my son wasn't where he was supposed to be to get picked up from school, I had to go to the library to read my email and write this...etc. etc. I am like a "bad things will happen" magnet...

And all the while these inconveniences are happening to me I think about my sister whose little baby girl (same age as Piney)

is having heart surgery today.



My problems are nothing.

I can always buy a new computer.

We are praying for you and your family, sis!

Labels:

5 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Sorta puts it all into perspective, doesn't it?

We're praying for her, too.

And you, as well. Good luck on restoring the computer and the database!

Blogger Isle Dance said...
Hang in there.

Blogger Rachael said...
Hanging in there. Perspective helps. I hope everything goes well with your sister's child.

Blogger Anita said...
The perspective thing is exactly what came to my mind, too...
Your family is in my prayers!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
On the computer issue, maybe you can just replace your hard disk and install your computer from new. My husband seems to always end up messing up his system with some kind of virus or spyware or just too much software and data, so he often does this. Although he generally does a backup of the old disk first, and it seems like you're having a tough time even doing the basics. There is more help online for computer problems than anything else.

And on the cluster of bad luck, well, we've probably all been there, (several times in my life) but you seem to have the right idea with the breathing and mindset.