Wednesday, June 07, 2006
How Do You Know If Others Have Adopted and How To Treat Adoptive Families
For adopting families check out the following:

1. Sometimes you want to connect with other parents that have adopted. The problem is how do you know for sure that they have adopted children. The Adoption Hotline Blog suggests an earring signal, The Naked Ovary Blog suggested a secret handshake, I thought maybe an adoption tattoo would work, but now I have discovered this cute little t-shirt that would be better. However, it is only offered in baby and toddler sizes.



2. If you are a friend or family member of someone who is going to adopt the following two websites may be helpful to you:

1. What is a Referral? Click Here

2. Want to know how to treat an adoptive family? Click Here


I especially like #9. What is your favorite? Do you have anything to add to this list?

Labels: ,

7 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
That little t-shirt is precious! I'm with you on the tennis shoes. I figure no matter what we do, we'll stick out as Americans so we might as well wear good shoes.

By the way, how are you doing?? :)

Blogger Maggie said...
I think number 6 & 7 on that "how to treat..." list are good points. Most people outside of the adoption world just don't get how important bonding time is.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I KNOW, this happens to me a lot. My daughter is eurasian, most people seem to assume she was born to me. I don't get the questions that my sis does. Her dd is from Korea.
Serena

Blogger Carrie said...
I love that list! I'll need to pass it around to the family when our turn comes around.

Blogger Suzanne said...
oh funzies! I got linked :)

Anonymous Kian Finnegan said...
Nice poost thanks for sharing

Anonymous Kian Finnegan said...
Great blog yyou have here