Tuesday, February 28, 2006
My Web Log
Still NO news to report… If you have news I don't have... let me know

O.K. I guess I haven’t really been using this blog as it is intended: as a weblog or online diary. The thing is- I am afraid if I actually wrote down my daily life I would bore everyone to tears. Here is what I will do- I will give you my entire weekly schedule and then you will be good to go for the next few months. You will no longer be kept in the dark on my exciting life.

(This is going to be a little difficult because M went out and purchased this strange new mouse that you control with your fingers instead of your wrist, so I will muddle through this with my pathetic finger coordination)

Schedule:

1. Read a thought or section from an uplifting or inspiring spiritual book and pray that the adoption will go through before we move, that we will receive the child that is right for our family, and blessings to all of my adoption blogger friends, etc.

2. Take care of my kids needs (grooming, clothes, homework, lessons, lunches, chores, etc.) This includes stuff needed to do for the adoption. I have conveniently included reading other adoption blogs and writing in my own here. It makes me feel like I am doing something towards the adoption besides just waiting. I know it isn’t, but just humor me.

3. Exercise/ shower I have a stash of workout videos. I am a little addicted to collecting them. I know you are all grateful for the shower part.

4. School and homework. I am currently enrolled in College Biology with its corresponding Lab. Even though school work is 4th on my priority list, I usually turn everything in last minute. A little history of me- I got an associates degree in 1994 in general education. Since then I have been a stay-at-home mom. I have also substitute taught at my kid’s school. Recently I went back to school to get a degree in Information Systems. I am in a quandary over whether or not I should enroll in school summer semester. I need 24 more credits to graduate. Going full time this could be accomplished in 2 semesters, but with 3+ kids I don’t want to try this. I will probably specialize in databases, so that I can eventually work as a DBA (Database Administrator or System Analyst).

5. Clean my house, laundry and meals. I am really into simplifying these tasks. Simplify your Life by Elaine St. James and Speed Cleaning by someone I can’t remember are great resources.

6. Read for fun. I am currently reading Obsessive Genius- The Inner World of Marie Curie by Barbara Goldsmith. If you think your life is hard, try this book. I am also listening to Harry Potter and the Half-blood Prince on tape- this way I can keep up on conversations with my kids.

7. Photos. I usually submit photos monthly to an online contest(such as the photo above). This can also be quite addicting. I would tell you which site I use, except than you will see how poorly my photos do in the contests. The contest is open to any and all professionals from all over the world and lowly little me doesn’t go far. Despite this, it has been great in helping me improve my photography. They usually leave very helpful remarks. Although I have had comments such as: "Your photo sucks". However, I do get ranked much higher than when I first started.

You can see that my husband is not on my priority list. This is because he makes certain that he is somewhere near the top without me having to make any effort towards this end.

Ok- so my priorities sort of outline my schedule. Usually all of those things get some attention weekly.

I don’t know how long this schedule will last. I was informed by an individual recently that society as we know it was going to end very soon. This person (who does not want to be identified) explained to me that workers from China and India are going to overtake American society through advances in technology- the middle class will crash as we become polarized, and life will never be the same again. ( I am regretting recommending the book: The World is Flat by Thomas L. Friedman to this person who likes to warp everything in to their extremist pessimistic views of the future)

So, if society as we know it ends in the next few days, I will give you an update on how I am surviving.

Most likely; however, life will really change once a referral comes through. I know for sure that life will dramatically change at time of travel and adoption. Like you all, we are welcoming that change!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:
Blogger Elle said...
At least you clean your house on a regular basis! D said the only reason I cleaned the house last week was because the Social Worker was coming. Maybe I should invest in that speed cleaning book.

As far as "The World is Flat" that is next on my must read list. I heard that if you have 2 brain cells to rub together it will scare the pants off you! Maybe I ought to rethink this one.

Blogger Liv said...
I have a friend who swears by The Fly Lady (flylady.com I think) but looking at her house, I don't think she gets to log on very often.

As far as I'm concerned, the world has my permission to end when we all have our kids home.

A side note for my fellow military adopting family- I haven't posted much in the last week because we have a package in the works that I want to know the results of. I don't know what branch M is so that might make it different for you. My hubs is in the AF. Currently we are in an overseas tour. His package is requesting an out of cycle DEROS extension to allow us the ability to complete our adoption. I don't know how much your husband has let his chain of command in on your adoption, but my husband's has been very supportive and we aren't expecting any problems with our extension. It actually might be easier for M to get an extension being stateside. Just a thought. I would think that as long as the accredidation comes through in the next couple of months you should be OK, but I think that timeline depends on how quickly your agency completes an adoption from referral to court date. I'm thinking about you girl!!

Blogger Jennefer said...
Thanks Liv. It is nice to know a fellow military adoptive family.

M is Army, but I think the military extension privileges are similar throughout the military. I have heard that you can apply for up to 3 months for an extension if you are in the middle of an adoption. However, M has talked to his superiors about the adoption and none of them are too happy about it, and they don't even come close to the word supportive. I think it is because medical policies and military policies conflict.

Blogger A Room to Grow said...
I think you have your priorities straight. My schedule:

1. Go to work for 9-10 hours.
2. Think about going to the gym; go home instead.
3. Cook dinner & talk to husband about our days.
4. Read my fave blogs and watch TV.
5. Sleep.

Repeat 4 days.

Saturday & Sunday: FUN! Or cleaning, if guests are coming to town. Fun does not equal cleaning. But with this new big house, I better make it fun or I'll have to hire a cleaner.

Blogger Rhonda said...
Your life isn't boring, you are very BUSY! Nothing wrong with that. School, kids, and somewhere in there you're a wife. You're superwoman!

Can't wait until you get your referral, that's going to be awesome.

Blogger Yeah So said...
Good luck with adoption...I just started the process and I agree that reading and writing blogs are a good way to feel like you are actively pursuing this even when there is downtime. I'll check back to see how you're doing!