Tuesday, March 22, 2011
My Russian Adoption: What Ever Happened to Pineapple Princess?
Adam, Piney, Conner and Braden taken Sunday, Mar 20 
Dear family, friends, former readers and new readers,

I need to start from the beginning. I started blogging about our upcoming Russian adoption in Jan 2006 about the time Piney (short for our nick name of Pineapple Princess) was turning one in Russia. I started out here and then tranferred my blog over to clubmom.com to continue blogging about my Russian adoption experience. I met a lot of great people who also adopted and were a great influence on me.


I received 75,000 hits to my blog on the day we brought Pineapple Princess home. It was quite an experience. You can see the videos in my sidebar. My readers followed me through the next year with her until clubmom shut down. I was able to preserve all of my blog writings in Blurb books (you can google: Blurb Jeneflower to find them) but then I had to start all over on my blog right back here at my humble beginnings.

It was about this time that I started learning about all of the problems society was causing to the environment. This became such a strong interest of mine that I started writing more and more about this and less and less about the adoption. This caused me to lose a lot of my readers (why I didn't consider making a seperate environment blog at that time is a mystery to even me). People still wanted to read about Pineapple Princess, but she was starting to integrate into our family and with 3 other children I could no longer make her more special then the other children in our family. She was no longer the Russian adopted child, but simple our fourth child.

At the same time, because she was adopted and 2-years-old she was very difficult. People wanted to hear about the happy ending, but I couldn't write about it anymore. I needed to break away from blogging so I could get through the next few years with her. She was a lot to handle and blogging took too much time. So In 2008 I quit this blog- with only a few entries here and there.

Now Piney is six years old. She is healthy and happy and I have a lot more time. So I have decided to post an update in here about once a week about Piney and the family for those who are interested in whatever happened to Pineapple Princess.

Labels:

10 Comments:
Blogger Heidi said...
I am glad you are still posting! Are you guys still living overseas? I have kept you on my blog reader. I loved reading your story!

Blogger Jennefer said...
Hi Heidi! We are still living overseas, but will be moving back to the states in June. yea!

Blogger RamblingMother said...
I thought I had lost your link for a long time and wondered how you guys were doing. So glad to see you back.

Blogger Dede said...
So glad to finally see a new picture of Pineapple and the Boys. Wow they have all grown so much since you have been gone. Welcome back to Blogland!

Blogger sandy said...
I am so glad you will be posting again. I had to take a break over the last couple of years too... for the same reason. Having M home and trying to address her many needs was overwhelming and I didn't have the time to blog. Now that I have a little more time since she started preschool I realize that I should have tried to keep up with the adoption community because they would have given me the support I really needed. I was getting support for her special needs from service providers here locally but no one has experience with post-institutionalized children. Welcome back. And beautiful photo you posted!

Blogger Deb said...
Yay! I've always missed your writing.

Blogger Queen of the House said...
I'm so happy for an update! I've thought about you often over the last couple years.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
It's great to see you back!! Everyone sure has grown! Are you back in the states?

Blogger A Room to Grow said...
Same here - As we started traveling for R's adoption, we invited more and more real-life friends to the blog. And when we came back, and were working through issues, it felt weird having our everday friends read about our challenges (some involving THEM and our difficulties integrating R into school & the neighbhorhood). I also started Facebook and that's been my primary means to keep people updated. I hope to start blogging again but I have to find my blogger mojo.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I am jannet,from what I can read. It has been sad news and scam to everyone about Voodoo casters or so. But to me they are so real cause one worked for me not quite two weeks. I traveled down to where his shrine his and we both did the ritual and sacrifice. and now me and my ex are living very ok now.I don't know about you but Voodoo is real;love marriage,finance, job promotion ,lottery Voodoo,poker voodoo golf Voodoo,Law & Court case Spells,it's all he does. I used my money to purchase everything he used he never collected a dime from. He told me I can repay him anytime with anything from my heart. Now I don't know how to do that. If you can help or you need his help write him on nativedoctor101@live.com Thank you.