Monday, May 26, 2008
The Funniest Family Movies (DVD and Video)
We were having a lazy Sunday....


(That is Piney reading the paper under the coffee table, wearing Kirby's karate shoes.)

But then the conversation turned to what we would do tomorrow and since we aren't going anywhere we thought we would rent some funny movies.



We started reminiscing about our favorites.
This is what we came up with:

M's funniest movies
1. Meet The Parents
2. Mother
3. Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure
4. Caddyshack (edited)
5. It's a Mad, Mad, Mad World


Our boy's funniest movies

1. Zoolander
2. Monty Python and The Holy Grail
3. Napoleon Dynamite
4. Blazing Saddles (edited)
5. Rat Race
6. UHF
7. The Benchwarmers
8. Elf


My funniest movies

1. The Wedding Singer
2. Office Space (edited)
3. Fun with Dick and Jane
4. Happy Gilmore
5. Mr. Deeds
6. Evan Almighty
7. Starsky and Hutch



After deciding on a few Piney kept us laughing with her marching hat show...



and our day ended with making homemade pretzels and playing cards....
Then the conversation turned to the best ever music bands.

But thats another post.

I love long holiday weekends.... stay up late... sleep in tomorrow...

Watch some movies. Have a picnic. Maybe go to the pool.

MMMMMMMMmmmmmm.

Summer can not come soon enough.

Do you have a favorite funny movie?

Labels:

9 Comments:
Blogger Jennefer said...
We usually rent our movies from http://www.netflix.com/ , unfortunately you can't buy edited films legally anymore- but you can buy a DVD player that edits Netflix or other movies at
http://www.clearplay.com/

Anonymous Anonymous said...
One of the funniest movies Ive seen is The Nutty Professor, however it is not appropriate for children (very funny though, um also, the remake of Dennis the mennis with Walter Mathou is real good and suitable for kids. Happy Memorial Day!
Laura

Blogger Rachael said...
My brother and I LOVED Spaceballs when we were kids. We practically had every line memorized and used to recite them. (We must have been teenagers.) Recently, I (started to) watch it with my 11-year old (who is a Star Wars fan) and quickly discovered it is NOT appropriate humor for 11 year olds. I can't believe my Mom used to let us watch it! (She's SO conservative.) I bet she had no clue what we were watching! :) It's still a very funny movie, but definitely not appropriate for kids.

Blogger MKD said...
Seriously Jeneflower you and are cut from the same cloth when it comes to movies! Although, I tend to like some of the "older classics" such as Clueless (don't knock it ya'all you KNOW you've said "Whatever" here or there) Back to the Future (all of them), Baby Boom (I cry every time), Overboard, Mean Girls, A Walk to Remember, Liar Liar and pretty much any Disney Movie especially Finding Nemo (again I cry everytime).
Yay! Fun post!!

Blogger Sally T. said...
Juno. And Goldmember.

Blogger Anita said...
I seemed to have missed out on the "funny movie gene" - I really don't like most comedy, people doing idiotic things embarrasses me...lol

Blogger Deb said...
Spaceball was a fav.
But I love Evan Almighty. It's so good.

Blogger Lauri said...
I recently went to see that " I hate sarah marshall" movie... so funny... think American pie with feeling. Not good for kids...but so darn funny

Livi loves the Dennis the menace movie... always laughs a ton.

Blogger Dreamer girl said...
I love When Harry Met Sally. It sounds like you had a wonderful time. What is your recipe for homemade pretzels?