Thursday, April 17, 2008
Savvy Mom of Preschooler (Me) meets Celebrity










I promise that this is not turning into a celebrity blog-

but when you find out they are going to show a movie premier of

Iron Man (coming to Theaters May 2)

at the movie theater across the street from your house and the Director ( Jon Favreau) and Star (Robert Downey Jr.) will be there

and so you go to it and Jon Favreau and Robert Downey Jr. sit in the row right in front of you while you watch the movie that they are in

and then you shake hands with both the Director and Star following the movie premier and say something stupid like,

"Good job!" in the same tone of voice you would say to your preschooler when she goes poopy potty-

You mention it.

And ya it was weird and that happened yesterday.

Good action movie BTW. Recommended.

Even has a moral about corporate corruption and stuff.

But that is NOT why I am a savvy mom. Although it is O.K. if you would like to differ.

More importantly, WAY more importantly

I turned into a savvy mom through this really cool site for moms of infants, toddlers and preschoolers.

The home page has a great new Earth blog (with great activity ideas).

But don't stop there. The coolest thing is the Savvy Quiz


1. You take the Quiz about your child.

2. You get a Progress Portrait of your child.

3. You get personalized recommendations on how to bring your child up to speed in all areas of development. Many FREE activity ideas.

It is a very cool resource. Check it out HERE.

Let me know what you think!

Labels: ,

7 Comments:
Blogger Rob said...
Ok, color me glowing fluorescent green with envy! I would've definitely geeked out and started doing some "money" speek (a la "Swingers") to Jon.

Blogger Rachael said...
Oh, I'm kind of envious too. I loved Robert Downey, Jr. when he was on Ally McBeal. (Yes, I admit).

The "good job" cracks me up!

Blogger A Room to Grow said...
Wow, I was in love with Robert Downey Jr in the 90s!

Blogger Elle said...
I would have totally pet the backs of their heads through the whole movie. And maybe slobbered on them a little. I'm not allowed around celebrities. I think they all have restraining orders on me.

Blogger Isle Dance said...
Good job!!!!! Hee. :o)

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Great new site - Savvy Source - thanks!

Blogger Dreamer girl said...
How cool is that! Robert Downey has always been so talented. And it is cool that he is older and is playing the lead action guy not some young hunks like in Transformers (I do have to say that the guy who is engaged to the singer Fergie) wasn't a bad asset to that film. Why may I ask aren't older women in more roles like that?
On the green front,it was interesting to learn about the go green stuff you had listed. I did not even know that they had resusable personal items. Unreal!
P.S. How does Robert look in person?