Monday, April 07, 2008
My Day: Safe Tanning, YouTube, Smoothies and Pink Floyd
I started the day out in a search of a safe sunless tanning lotion.

I can't be the only one who worries about that stuff. Here are the brands that seemed the most promising
Environ Self Tan
Boots No. 7
Green People Self-Tan

These were also recommended, but I am not sure about their safety:
Aveda's Sun Source
Lavera's Sunless Tan

Anyone use any of these before? I haven't bought anything yet- just thinking about the upcoming summer. I might need to get these too. What too hippyish? I am kidding anyway. I would never pay $350 for sunglasses. I lose at least 3 per year.

Next I worked on editing my son's new YouTube movie he is making with his friends. If I decide at some point to show it to you all- don't judge me please. The movie is a remake of Attack of the Killer Tomatoes.

Enough said.

What? You missed that cult classic? No worries. Looks like it might be coming to the big screen again soon.

But my exciting day wasn't over yet.

I made this yummy organic smoothie. My own recipe made from what I had on hand.

1. c. frozen organic strawberries
1/2 c. frozen organic blueberries
1/2 c. frozen organic raspberries
1 1/4 c. no-fat organic French vanilla yogurt
3 Tbl. real maple syrup
2 Tbl. orange juice
1 c. organic milk

Mix and serve immediately. MMMMMMM

We ended the day with our family cleaning our buildings elevators. They had gotten so dirty and no one is hired to do it, so I thought it would be a good project for us.

After we got the kids in bed (Piney insists on sleeping in her old porta-crib now. After being in her bed for almost a year. Is that normal?)...

M decided to play some old music and we reminisced about old times while listening to Pink Floyd The Wall.

I remembered when I thought that was the best music ever written. We decided that there were never going to be great bands anymore because there isn't money in it like their used to be. Albums don't matter anymore. It's one hit wonders now.

Oh how times have changed.

Labels:

5 Comments:
Blogger Rachael said...
Wow...cleaning the elevators. Good for you. I'm lucky to keep up with keeping my own house clean!

My husband and I were big Pink Floyd fans once upon a time. We had tickets to see them (that we waited in line for hours at the record store before it opened to purchase...remember when it was done that way?) and the concert was one month after our June wedding back in 1994. We had planned to stay with his parents for the month, then pack up our stuff for our move to California after the concert. After one week of living with the in-laws as Newleyweds, we decided to go west and sold our tickets. I've always kind of regretted missing that concert though.

Blogger ana said...
Yeah, I miss really good albums. "Wish You Were Here" was my favorite Pink Floyd!

Blogger KatBliss said...
Please le us know how the sunless taning goes! I'm so afraid of using them becuase I have bad recollections of using them in the 80's and turning orange. :)

Anonymous Anonymous said...
My three year always wants to sleep on the floor on her sleeping bag. For weeks the bed wasn't touched. I think it is just something about that age. :)

Blogger Isle Dance said...
LOL! :o)