Monday, March 03, 2008
Monday's Miracle: Piney's Breakthrough

Beth over at a Mom's Life is hosting Miracle Monday.

You can visit her site to read about miracles that are happening in people's lives.

I thought this was a great idea- to share how God is working in our lives.

I thought I would post about our recent experience with Piney.

Piney and I were watching some of her old YouTube videos.

It was fun to watch the videos of when she first arrived home and how much she has grown. She was laughing and smiling at all of them.

However, when I played her the video (below) of the trip when we brought her home she watched mesmerized and then when it was over she started bawling.

Then she made me replay the video for her at least 20 times. She cried through each one.

Then finally, she turned to me and said.

"I done now mommy. I done. My old house was dirty mommy. Dirty. Dirty. This house is clean mommy. Clean. I happy now mommy. I happy now." And she held me and didn't want to let go.

Labels:

20 Comments:
Blogger Melissa said...
wow, that's powerful. she grasped that at such a young age.

Blogger Maggie said...
Wow. When they're so little you wonder what they remember, but she obviously has some memory of the orphanage. That's amazing.

Blogger Rachael said...
Oh, that breaks my heart.

Blogger Beth Cotell said...
I think it is amazing and truly a miracle that she realizes at such a young age how lucky she is to be a part of such a wonderful family.

Thanks for being the very first to participate in Miracle Monday!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
She is so sweet.
God bless you.

Laura

Anonymous Anonymous said...
WOW ... No wonder she cried ..... It certainly had me in tears! But the good kind :) Wonderful miracle! Loved the song with the video too. She's adorable!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
What grown up feelings for such a little girl.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
How sad. I wonder if they were mean to her at that place.
I am so glad you have her safe and happy with you.
She is such a beautiful precious child.

Blogger Queen of the House said...
Awww that's so sad! Amazing that she remembers in detail.

Blogger God's girl said...
OH that is so precious. What a miracle. Thanks for sharing!
Blessings,
Angela

Anonymous Anonymous said...
My daughter was adopted from Russia at 22 months. She is now 6 and seems to have no memories of her early life. My heart aches for her sometimes thinking of what she lacked...reading your post and watching the video touched my heart..what would our lives be like without our daughters and their's without us?
Miracles do happen...people are brought together for a reason!
Thanks for sharing! Ann

Anonymous Anonymous said...
What a precious girl, and so blessed to have you.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
oops, hit enter too soon!
She's blessed to have you, and you're blessed to have her. :0)
Thank you for sharing this with us.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I cried, I bawled...what a sweet miracle!!! Wow!!!
May your family be blessed...

Blogger Denise said...
Wow, such a precious blessing she truly is.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
i don't know you, or your family, but this miracle of yours brought me to tears. it was very moving to read what your little girl said.

may god continue to bless your lives, ericka

The blessings she will give you, and vice-versa are never ending. How amazing that she could articulate that.

Blogger Christina said...
Beautiful memory and post. What an adorable little miracle you have.

Blogger Jessica G. said...
Making me tear up...dang non-waterproof mascara...

Anonymous Anonymous said...
thanks for sharing - we adopted our daughter from the same baby home in March 2007 - our daughter is about 6 months older than Piney. She seems to have no memory of her life in Russia but I'll bet she does. And for Piney to express it so well - amazing. Wishing you all continued happiness..........