I just couldn't do it. I lasted all day long with no computer or TV until it reached 7:30 PM and then I just couldn't go one more minute or I was going to die. Really I promise. So I had to come in here and get on the Internet and read news about the primary election and now I am blogging.
But I am going to be brief and then I promise to go and read stories to Pineapple and put her to bed. As well as help with last minute homework and get everyone else to bed.
So I wrote this list because I have seriously had people tell me that because Pineapple was adopted at 2 from a Russian orphanage that she will never be as smart as other kids her age. That no matter what I do for her she will always be behind. That is just ridiculous in my opinion. She may have some special needs all her life, but certainly the adoption thing doesn't mean she will always be behind. So here are....
10 Reasons why Pineapple will get a perfect score on her SAT, learn several languages, be president of several clubs, play at least 3 different instruments, be captain of sports teams, get the lead in the school play, retain a 4.0, log 5,000 hours of community service before college, win several awards, and be valedictorian.... (no pressure or anything ha ha).....
1. She waited until Link babysat before she asked for her large box of ribbons, barrettes, clips, bead necklaces and bracelets down to play with and break apart and scatter all over her floor because she knew that neither me, M or Ender would have fallen for that.
2. When she wants to bring her bike into the house she makes sure no one is around and then she props the door open with a shoe so that she won't get locked out of the house and noiselessly pushes it into the apartment.
3. When she goes around diaper-less she makes sure that she carries around a pad to sit on wherever she goes.
4. We may forget to give her a treat when she goes potty, but she never does.
5. She always reminds us that she is going to visit Mickey Mouses house soon and Santa Claus is coming too. Also, if she can't find something like a puzzle piece, she reasures us that Santa Claus will bring it to her soon (because he is coming on Valentine's Day).
6. She realizes that if she claims everything as hers the odds are we will give her some of the things.
7. She figured out how to open the fridge lock and get out the whip cream.
8. If mama says no she runs to papa.
9. She knows if she jumps on mama's back mama might get off the computer
10. Every supermodel and celebrity she sees on magazine covers is always her mama ("Look mama it's you!").
I told you she was smart.
Labels: after adoption: difficult child behaviors, Russian Pineapple Princess: our adopted daughter