Tuesday, May 23, 2006
Music Can Help Us Through the Wait
Something that really helps me get through the long adoption wait is having a few good CDs on hand. Music really can soothe the savage waiter. Here are a few of my favorite CDs from my music collection. You can click on the name to get the reviews and listen to clips. However, you may enjoy a different type of music. In the comment section let us know what your favorite CD or CDs are right now.

My Favorites (in order)

1.X&Y by Coldplay

2.Final Straw by Snow Patrol

3.Hopes and Fears by Keane

4.Hot Fuss by Killers (Not appropriate for kids)

5.Back to Bedlam by James Blunt (Clean Version)

6.Garden State (Soundtrack)

7.Inverted World by the Shins (If you like Garden State)

8. Life For Rent and No Angel by Dido


My Favorite (Christian music)

1. Adoration and Devotion by Newsboys

2.Jennifer Knapp: A Diamond in the Rough (The Collection)

3.Worship by Michael W. Smith

4. Who We Are Instead by Jars of Clay

5. Make A Joyful Noise by the Mo Tab Choir

Labels:

6 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Anything 80's is my favorite ... except for Metallica and the like. I like the british bands and the dance music.

For Christian music, the only one I listen to is Amy Grant. I've been listening to her since the 80's when she came out. Great music, great lyrics.

my word verification is lizwrrt. I think I'm changing my name :-)

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Great list.

What got me through my adoption was Enya. Also Michael Crawford "on Eagle's Wings". Calmed me down enough that I could concentrate on work. ;-)
Serena

Blogger Deb said...
My favorite songs right now are:
Casting Crowns - Praise you in this Storm & Love them Like Jesus
Hilary Duff - I Am & Someone’s Watching Over Me
Third Day – Cry Out to Jesus
Steven Curtis Chapman – All I Want for Christmas
Natalie Grant - Held
Overflow - Cry on My Shoulder

Blogger 6blessings said...
Many of my favorites right now are listed above in Debbie's post.

"Praise You in this Storm" by Casting Crowns got me through the loss of our first referrals.

I also love "Orphans of God" by Avalon, "My Jesus" by Todd Agnew, "How Great Is Our God" by Chris Tomlin, and "Held" by Natalie Grant.

Newsboys' Adoration and Devotion are awesome CDS. My hubby's favorite band is Third Day. I am also enjoying going back to my past with Bart Millard's (from Mercy Me)new CD, "Hymned". It jazzes up all of the old hymns I used to sing as a child. It's something different and refreshing.

Blogger Yeah So said...
I love all CDs by the Counting Crows!!! I also am listening to Mike Doughty's CD "Haughty Melodic" these days like a mental patient, particularly a song called "Your misfortune". He's definitely not a christian artist, but this song is as if God is singing it:

When your faith in life is gone
Come and speak to me
When you’re down and all messed up
Seek my sympathy

Blogger Rhonda said...
I'm also a Third Day fan.

I like The Killers, but I've never been able to get into Coldplay for some reason.