Thursday, April 06, 2006
Missing: Still Waiting For Our Adoption Referral
We have 6 seats at our kitchen table. This means that one chair is always empty. You would think that I would just remove this chair (our table is a large oval) but I just leave it and think about our child who belongs in that chair is missing.

We also installed an extra seat in the back of the car for her. Not to mention her empty bedroom. It is strange to have all of these empty places where a child should be eating, playing and riding along with us.

Somebody told me that a good reason to have an even number of kids is so no one rides alone at amusement parks. I know this is silly, but I think about this sometimes.

I feel like I miss her and I don’t even know her.

Labels:

4 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Been trying to read posts between feedings...this doesn't always work. I totally understand your feelings of missing/loving a child you have not yet met. It's a strange sensation, but a very real one. I hope you get your little girl soon...you need to balance out all that testosterone!

Blogger 6blessings said...
She is very real to you. She is in your heart, even though she doesn't have a face yet. Hopefully, that spot at the table will be filled very soon.

Blogger Rhonda said...
I love the idea of saving a place for your little girl. She is already a member of your family, down to her seat at the table.

Blogger Maggie said...
Years before deciding to participate in the host program I was planning on adopting a baby girl. She had a name (Tabitha Lindsay) and she felt so very real to me. The idea and the dream of a child is real. I love that you're literally saving a seat for your little girl.