Friday, April 21, 2006
Waiting For Our Adoption Referral: Accept the Challenge
I started to think about how the adoption process. We can either grumble through it- whine about it- stress about it, etc. or we can take on the challenge and make it through to accomplish everything that needs to be done. Adoption can push us to the edge. So can child rearing sometimes, but this is what is so great about it. The challenge can help us feel alive and vital.

We are doing a good thing here. We are making a difference- doing something in the world that matters. I hope, if you are feeling like you can’t go on, or you want to quit, that you can make it through. Take on the challenge. Think of it as a race and you just need to get to the finish line. Just push yourself a little bit longer, and while you are at it- enjoy the journey.
_________________________________________

Labels:

6 Comments:
Blogger Yeah So said...
I would have quit after the first two minutes, you're a trooper! I guess I have just had enough perserverace these days.

Oh, and you're tagged! See my blog

Blogger Trina said...
That is such a great analogy Jen!! Good for you for pushing through.
I am glad you had a nice trip too!

Blogger Rhonda said...
Good point Jen. Adoption is a marathon, not a sprint!

Blogger Maggie said...
I have my whiny, stressed out days and it really doesn't do any good at all. Thanks for the reminder to push through.

Great post and a very good lesson! Since I am into exercise these days, I need to get this DVD or tape or whatever it was. Where did you get it? Like Walmart????

Blogger Jennefer said...
Dana,

I order all of my exercise tapes through ebay or Amazon, but I am warning you about this one. It is HARD.