Friday, March 03, 2006
Brag-a-thon: Our Awesome 3 Sons Missing One Adopted Princess
I feel that I need to counter my last post by telling you all that despite our rocky first year our family is normal, functional and our kids are happy and well-adjusted. I am going to brag here a little about my family.

My oldest son, Ender is a boy scout, an honor roll student and in the Gifted and Talented Program at his Middle School. My second son, Link is in the cub scouts and is a talented karate master. He understands though that karate is never used aggressively, but only defensively. My youngest son, Kirby is a brilliant new reader and loves math, hugs and his Nintendo DS. I get compliments all of the time about my kids. People say how lucky we are to have such good kids. M is just about to finish his Radiology residency, which was no easy path and I currently have a 3.95 GPA at my university in Information Systems. We are a loving and happy family and we enjoy spending time together. (Yes, this is starting to sound like our homestudy.)

There… that is the end of my brag-a-thon. I hope, if you had any bad feelings about me or my family you are feeling better that yes, we can handle another child and yes, we are good parents and responsible people. It has always been my dream to adopt internationally. My kids are looking so forward to having a new baby sister. They really want a sister. I asked them if they would prefer a brother because they are all boys, but they agreed that they want a sister. M and I both come from large extended families that are also excited for us. (Although it took both of our parents a little time to adjust to the idea.) My sister and my sister-in-law both have little girls around 1 year old, so they are probably the most excited. We are all anticipating the welcome and hopeful events that will transpire this year in adopting a new child in to our family.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Can't recall how I bounced onto your blog, but I'm fascinated. I wish you well. You need a girl.

Blogger CarolinaGirl said...
Bad feelings? Oh my gosh...no way!. I applaud you for telling the truth!. Everyone has something in their relationship.. trust me. I am just so glad to hear that you found your way back together. Your children sound so awesome!. I am looking forward to hearing about your new daughter. I know she is being prepared for you as we speak. (it sounds like I am talking about a meal, but, I think you know what I mean :)

Hope you are having a good day!!

Blogger Elle said...
Brag it up girlfriend. We all go through rough times in our lives and when it feels like it is all in place we deserve to feel good!

Your boys sound amazing. They really are going to make great big brothers.

Blogger Rhonda said...
Jen,
I meant to comment on the last post...we had some rough years when we were first married too. ROUGH. Everyone thinks the first years of marriage are the best, but I disagree. It just keeps getting better in my book. No bad feelings or thoughts of you guys whatsoever.

Blogger A Room to Grow said...
I am enjoying my bloggy friends better than reality TV (gasp!) because what we are going through is REAL and everyone here is so REAL. Have a great weekend!

Blogger Maggie said...
I know I didn't think anything less of you at all. Quite the contrary. I was so impressed with your strength.

I've commented before that there's something in the adoption process that makes us feel we have to be "perfect." I felt out of my league when I joined my hosting program last summer. I was younger, single, and less financially set than the other parents.

I've since learned that we all have our differences -- none of us are perfect. But it doesn't mean we aren't going to be amazing parents.